Desert Channels region is the State’s largest catchment. It comprises the Queensland section of the Lake Eyre Basin (509,933 km2) which is divided into the Georgina/Diamantina Catchment and the Cooper Creek Catchment. Predominant land-use is rangeland grazing of cattle and sheep. Natural resource management issues centre around enterprise sustainability, vegetation and water management along with weeds and feral animals.
Groups and organisations in your region
- Silent Night Pest Management - Feral Animal control, trapping, baiting, den fumigation, ground or areal shooting. Property pest planning or assessment. Research tranquilizer capture or net gun, crocodile harpoon. Trapping or baiting training or workshop […]
- AXIS Contracting - Vertebrate pest animal control services including aerial (drone) surveillance, shooting/trapping, remote monitoring systems (offgrid/SAPS) and compliance reporting. Contact Jackson Richards on (+614) 77956956 or via email at email@example.com
- Get Trapped - Get Trapped is a trapping supply business specializing in the supply of trapping equipment for what ever you need to trap, from mice to deer/camels. We can also organize trainers […]
- Queensland wild dog controllers - The ‘Queensland wild dog controllers’ is a Facebook group dedicated to promoting the humane culling of wild dogs, feral cats and other feral animals within the Queensland area. Wild dogs […]
- Wild Science - Wildlife Consultancy and Management Specialists, specialising in feral animal management
- Conservation & Wildlife Management Qld - Aims to provide volunteer self funded pest animal management to landholders, state and local governments, natural resource and conservation organisations
- RJM Vertebrate Pest Control - Comprehensive professional shooting and trapping service that incorporates monitoring, prevention and detection. Specialising in urban bird control and rural vertebrate pest management.
- SSAA Farmer Assist Program - Program to enable farmers with wildlife management issues to seek the assistance of volunteer shooters.
- Desert Channels Qld - works to ensure a sustainable social, economic and environmental future for the Qld section of the Lake Eyre Basin
- Queensland local councils - Your first point of call for help with pest animal issues
We aim to provide contact details of agencies, organisations and groups that are active in pest animal management and can provide people with services, useful advice or assistance – both at policy and practical on-ground levels. If you would like your group or agency listed, please [ CLICK HERE ] to fill out the form and submit your details.Last updated: December 24, 2015