Game hunting in Victoria: Registration and identification of scent-trailing hounds

If you intend to use your scent-trailing hound(s) for hunting Sambar Deer in Victoria, the hound(s) must be registered with the Secretary to the Department of Sustainability and Environment.

This is an additional requirement to the registration of your dog with your local council and is only required if you intend to use your hound for scent-trailing Sambar Deer.

The following document outlines commonly asked questions in relation to registration of scent-trailing hounds.

Author Department of Sustainability and Environment, VIC
Date null
Year 2005
Publisher Department of Primary Industries, VIC
Notes Notes
Control method Recreational hunting
Region VIC